Early Warning Signs
Do these warning signs explain what you’ve been feeling?
Do you often feel that…
- you can hear or see things that others don’t?
- you can’t trust anyone?
- your food may be poisoned?
- someone is watching you?
- people or places you know seem different?
- you have a special ability or powers?
- your thinking is unusual or frightening?
You may also find that you have…
- difficulty concentrating
- less energy
- nervousness or a short temper
- increased sensitivity to sounds or light
- a strong desire to be left alone
Contacting PREP is free and confidential
If you can answer ‘yes’ to some of these questions or know someone who can, PREP may be able to help you.
Please contact PREP to talk with someone today.
Symptoms of Psychosis
The signs of early psychosis and schizophrenia can be different for everyone.
Symptoms may develop slowly over months or years, or may appear very abruptly. The disorders may come and go in cycles of relapse and remission.
Common Clinical Symptoms (Click on the links to read more)
If you are a young adult or know a young adult working with experience several of these symptoms for more than two weeks, seek help immediately.